Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter & Reflections ...

Happy Easter! What a difference a year makes ... last Easter was when we surprised our parents by wrapping the ultrasounds in Easter Eggs and telling them we were pregnant! Now, in the blink of an eye we already have a 5 month old?! How did that happen! He went from a little gummi bear on a piece of paper to my beautiful, happy baby boy!

Easter was terrific! This year we went with my parents to their church (we switch years with the g-parents) and then met up with Blake's parents and all 6 of us had brunch at Meadow Springs. It was great...and after 4 trips thru the line, I was finally full! Sooooo much good food! Nana and Papa made up a cute Easter basket for him (with candy we ate!). Good thing they did, cause we didn't!! As my friend told me last night, "after this year, you'll have to do one EVERY year, so enjoy your last year off!!!" ...AMEN!

Also, last week I had my first day back at work. It was better than I thought it was going to be. I still missed him, but to be honest, I was so busy it really did make the day fly by! I am going to do Tues-Thurs and my best friend, Aunt Julianne, will be watching him! She has her background in early childhood education, so I joke that he'll probably learn more with her than me anyway! Plus it will be good for him to be around a couple more kids on a regular basis. Bryce and Morgan love him and love to "babysit" him so I know he's in good hands!

Also, I'd like to make note of something. For all you people that nodded your head along in agreement to me last October when I said, "I can't wait to be home for 5 months --- I am going to get so much done around the house." .... well, now I know you were just being polite. The ONLY real accomplishment I got done in the last 5 months was giving birth to my beautiful baby! Everything else out the window. I didn't get my attic organized, I didn't go through all our files and purge stuff, my bedroom still has not been simultaneously clean at the same time as my house, I am still behind on laundry, and to make matters worse, now there are balls of diapers randomly around the house waiting to be taken to the "big" garbage. So this is what being a mom is, huh?

For any of you Mom's who DO have it all together, please do tell.

Below is a quick pic we snapped of him getting ready for Church! What a stinker with that tongue!!! I wish I had my better camera, but iPhone had to do!

We love you Braxamus Maximus ... next year dying eggs will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment