Thursday, May 27, 2010

Way too long without a post

Hey everyone! Wow, I really need to get back in the hang of things. Over a month? How unlike me .... so here is to catch you up on the last month of our lives!
1) I started back to work in April part-time; a couple days a week gives me enough time to be a "professional" but most of my time to be a Mommy!
2) Braxton started eating solid foods at 5 1/2 months and two days later slept through the night for the first time!! WAHOOOOO! Our schedule has been amazing since I started this kid on food. That was just what he needed!
*He loves all foods except green beans. He will spit those out every chance he gets! (I hate them too, way to go Brax!)
3) Braxton started swim lessons with his friend, Chaz! They go once a week and he is a waterdog! He loves to go under and we are so proud of our boy! I am in the water with him and proud Daddy stands on the side with video camera in one hand and camera in the other!
4) Braxton started sitting on his own right before 6 months and even though he knows how to roll, up until yesterday (2 days shy of 7 months) he hadn't done it a lot. Now he rolls all over his blanket ... namely when you are trying to change him!
5) In mid-May we flew to Lexington for Pete & Julie's wedding (we set them up!). Brax did great and he was a hit at the wedding and in Columbus (where we went first) so he could meet family.
6) At 6 1/2 months he said his first word --- MAMA!! (I am so happy!)
7) Today (one-day shy of 7 months) he has started babbling like crazy (lalalalalala and ahga ahga ahga are his favorites).+
9) In early April we got our first family car! A Mazda CX9 and I adore it! It is just the space we need for now!
8) Here's Braxton's day at 7 months
630am - breakfast (5 oz BM)
9am - nap
11am - 1/4 c rice ceral and 4T fruit and 6oz BM
1pm - nap
4pm - 1/4 c oatmeal and 4T vegetables 1 T meat
7pm - book, naked jaybird, bath, jammies
730pm - 8oz BM and off to bed
(sleeping thru the night!!!)

All in all life is amazing. It sure is busy, but routine helps make it great. Blake and I find that we can just spend time playing with Braxton on the floor and minutes turn into hours! We love to sing him songs and make them up all day (many of them include his name since we love it so much ;))

As I am writing this I'm thinking back that 7months ago I was in labor. If I remember correctly I was probably dilated to 9cm and I kept thinking ''in just a few hours I get to meet my little boy" ... and now not only is he here, but I know so much about him! Here are a few of things I love about Brax at 7months:
*I love how he sucks in his bottom lip
*I love how he flirts (will give you a big smile then turn his head away shyly)
*I love how he sticks his tongue out of his mouth and curls the tip of it up towards his nose
*I love how he gets super excited when he's playing and takes deep breaths and flails his arms and legs in a crazy way
*I love how he likes to cuddle on my chest and lay his head to the side right under my chin
*I love how he STILL holds my hand when he nurses
*I love what a HAPPY HAPPY baby he is (we feel proud that this is the thing we get the most compliments on)
*I love how he has my blonde hair and blue eyes and that the strands on the top that stick up like a peacock are still longer than any other hair on his head and have been like that since the day he was born!
*I love how he has a tiny strawberry patch on his left eyelid that has been there since the day he was born
*I love how he has learned to put his arms up in the air when he wants up and gets excited when he sees me coming
*I love how he laughs when I tickle his underarms and side
*I love the look on his face when he's milk drunk from his bedtime feeding and he is so sleepy his head bobbles all around
*And as always, I love being his Mommy more every day. He is truly the best thing Blake and I have ever done and in 7 short months I can't even remember what life was like without him.

I love you so much Baby Balooga. You will forever be our Braximus Maximus!
Love Mommy & Daddy







1 comment:

  1. Braxton is adorable. You are such a cute family and I am glad to see that you are making the most out of every moment. It goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete