Tuesday, June 9, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's official! Our baby has "junk" :) It's a boy!!! We are so excited! The ultrasound went great today and most importantly we have a totally happy and healthy baby!

The first part of the ultrasound the tech just measured the brain, heart, internal organs, regular measurements and so forth. Then she said, "ok, do you want to know?" And we excitedly told her YES! It didn't take long at all before she found the "part" and said, "Looks like your baby has a third leg!" And then I remember hearing Blake say, "It's a boy!!!" He was grinning from ear to ear and it was the cutest thing to see! I was so happy and started to tear up!

Here's some of the stats: heart beat was 158, feet are 3 cm long, hands are 2.14 cm long (Grandpa Mike's hands!), he is in the 80% percentile for length at almost 8" long, and weighs a little over 12 oz. Dr thinks I am going to carry straight out and be all baby. We'll see! So far I've gained 2 lbs. The baby is measuing a week ahead of my orginal due date, so now we're looking around mid- to late-Oct for his arrival. (may be sooner if he gets big!)

He wasn't cooperating much and kept his hands over his face most of the time (we'll see how well that works for him when he's out and I have more control!) But the BEST picture is the one right below where it looks like he is flexing his bicep! Blake looked at it and said, "whoa, my son is ripped!" It is the funniest picture. The second one shows the infamous part, the third is his hands over his face, and the fourth is a side profile, but he had his head buried in the uterus!

We couldn't be happier that we have a healthy baby and are so proud to now say we have a SON!!! We love you baby boy Kluse and soon we will find you a permanent name. Stay tuned!!




10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is SO awesome and I am just so incredibly happy for you guys!! YAY!!!!!!!! HUGS!!!!!

    Tera =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting all day to hear what you guys are having, congratulations!!! Looks like you get to keep your bedding after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!!! I love that I get to keep the bedding!!! YAY!!! Now it's time to order a crib and furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats you guys! I am definitely partial to boys, they are the best. However, I am biased...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boys ROCK!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see what you do to that adorable baby room!

    P.S. Blake, congratulations!!! You son is "packin'"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You guys are going to be such awesome parents. I can't wait to meet this little man and see what kinda crazy you and Blake have made :) Love you guys and can't wait to share this joy with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited your having a baby boy! Boys do ROCK and I know you guys will be the best parents ever. No worries you have lots of clothes coming your way this weekend.

    Love ya!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! Teri sent me the link to your blog...hope that's okay. I cannot believe you're already 5 MONTHS! Let's talk soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stumbled over here from daisha's blog and wanted to send you some congratulations!
    baby boys are the sweetest.
    love, lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lindsay! Thanks so much for the congrats! We are so excited, I've seen your blog a couple of times and your kids are the cutest! Where exactly are you guys at?

    ReplyDelete