Tuesday, December 15, 2009

7 weeks!

It's hard to believe tomorrow, Brax will be 7 weeks old!!! My baby is getting so big! Here are a few pics I snapped of him this morning after changing his diaper :). In updated news, we found out the rash thing on his face wasn't baby acne but instead infant eczema. I think I was more upset than anything. It's hard being a first time Mom and you just want everything to be perfect, so when something like this comes along it really got to me. We talked to the Dr and he told us to use some hydrocortisone cream for a week along with Eucerin lotion and that should hopefully zap it. I just have to be dilligent now about staying on top of him with creams to avoid it coming back worse. Right now it's just on his face and a little on his chest. If anyone has advice or a child with it, let me know what you have found to be successful/helpful!

He is doing such a good job holding his head up and he seems to like tummy time ok too! We took a long nap together today which was GREAT since it was cold and yucky outside. We were cozy and snuggly inside!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you took him in, always listen to your mommy instinct it's always right! Braxton is perfect in every way. Your a great mom and I no I can't believe he's already 7 weeks! AHHH where does time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley has had eczema since she was a baby as well. As she's gotten older it will occasionally show up on her bum, for which I have to use a steriod, but I can keep her face clear if I am diligent about lotion and no harsh soaps.

    ReplyDelete