Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Best dream of my life ...

They say that when you're preggers you can have some crazy dreams ... and I had mine last night! First of all, thanks to Andrea's kids, I slept a full 8 hours! Wahoo! Maybe all I need is kids to wear me out! So not sure if it was the kids, the lasagne we ate, or what, but I slept AND had the best dream ever!

The dream started with me laying on a bed in my friend's living room trying to show her daugher where my son's head was at (which lately seems to be on the right side of my stomach). His head was moving around and then all of a sudden it started protruding more and more out of my stomach (think like the movie Alien ... I know, weird!). Before I knew it, his head an shoulders were fully popped out of the right side of my stomach with only a thin layer of my stomach covering his face (think transparent latex glove). It was soooo real that I could see his eyes, lashes, eyebrows, dark hair, and even a dimple in his right cheek! I was just staring at my baby and he was staring at me!

Then he started to giggle! I was hearing my baby giggle, so I started to laugh! And then I told him, "I think it's bedtime." and he responded back, "Bedtime?" in a little boy voice! And I thought to myself---my kid's a genius! He just spoke and he's not born yet! Then I told him, "I love you." and he giggled and smiled and said, "I love you too!" and then in my dream I started to cry (which I found out I was actually doing becasuse when I woke up my face was tear stained and my pillow was wet from crying!!!)

Then I told him he had to go back now, and slowly started pushing on the top of his head until he was back in my tummy. And then I woke up ... and the right side of my stomach hurt.

How crazy is that?!?!? Best dream ever! It was so real and amazing and comforting, but kind of creepy if you think back! LOL.

1 comment:

  1. That is a crazy dream, and yes, kind of creepy as you describe it, but I guess the feeling must have been good! I always had really violent pregnancy dreams. You will have that little boy out of there sooner than you realize!

    ReplyDelete