Monday, August 31, 2009

My Beautiful Grandma!

This is a hard post to write. This past weekend, my grandmother suffered a stroke which left her with a good portion of memory loss. She checked into the hospital mid-last week because her heart had been beating pretty fast. She has had heart attacks in the past and we didn't want that happening again. They had her on some medicine to try to control it, but unfortunately, a stroke was one of those things they feared happening --- and it did. It happened very fast and she wasn't in any pain, she just all of a sudden couldn't remember things. Our family has really pulled together over the next few days to try and figure out the next steps. She has good days and bad days. Sometimes I'm Brittney, sometimes I'm her dog, Buttons, and today I was even Buzzard! We're all here to help her the best we can and love her so much for all of her strength. She's a firecracker of a woman and we know she's in it for the good fight. We love you, Grandma!! Thanks for everyone's love, support, and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Brittney,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma I know this can be a very difficult thing to go through. Your spirits sound so good, hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete