Saturday, August 8, 2009

Diabetes, Hiccups, and Daddy's Home!

Diabetes free that's me!
Had my 28-week Dr appt late last week and that was the appt where they do the gestational diabetes test and mine came back perfecto! The range is to be between 80-125 and I was 115! Everything else looked good. Hard to believe only about 12 weeks to go!
Our first case of the Hiccups
Well, maybe not the first, but the first ones we noticed! We were playing with him today (and by playing I mean poking!) and I started feeling this rhhthmic thumping. Felt kind of like a heartbeat, but a lot slower and the only think we can attribute it to was hiccups! Lasted about 10 mins then stopped. It was so sad, I can just imagine my poor little boy being jolted around. I felt bad there was nothing we could do, but nonetheless, I held the left side of my stomach and Blake held the right and we just patted him through it!
Daddy's home!
After a two-week business trip Blake got home last night! Needless to say, we are soooo happy to have him back! The house was feeling pretty quiet. I think that's officially the longest we've ever been apart. I have to say that parting does make the heart grow fonder! We were calling and texting each other like crazy the last couple of days ... it was like the beginning of dating all over again! Here's our little Daddy doing what he does best! ...Could also be all the shots from last night ... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I saw your comment about hiccups. I just love anything and everything to do with Hiccups. I just had a children's book published called "Huckleberry's Hiccups". Check it out on Amazon!
    Thanks!
    Caroline Hepfler

    ReplyDelete