Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hiccups, contractions, stretching – oh my!

Wow, there is definitely an active little boy in my belly! He has been going crazy today! He gets the hiccups about 5+ times a day (usually a few minutes after I am done eating) and they last about 15 minutes at a time. Now that he is getting bigger you can see my stomach twitch in time to his little burps!

Also, what I thought was him pressing his head/legs/butt against my stomach I have found out are little contractions! When we were at the hosptial recently they had me hooked up to a fetal monitor and I got to see these little contractions every 20 minutes or so. Now I know that slight tightening isn't him pressing, but a minor contraction!

But, that doesn't mean he doesn't stretech. I have a few ribs that I think are barely hanging on. He's head down and his body wraps around the right side of my stomach, so his knees come across my left side, then feet are tucked back under my right rib cage. May be hard to imgaine, but ohhhhh man do I feel him! He gets those little feet moving and I just hold my ribs and brace!

Have another Dr appt on Monday, so I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Sounds like you have a Brady/Jodi combo in your tummy. She was my hiccup baby and he ALWAYS had his butt in my ribs - drove me nuts! lol. The time is a coming lil' Sis. Can't wait! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaze did the same thing with my ribs only not until I was in labor. With the Epidural...I was numb from the belly button down and when it was time to push...Kaze turned into a little monkey boy. It felt like he was holding onto my rib cage by his toes. Not fun! He was also my little hiccup baby. For weeks, he would get hiccups ALL the time and it is cute because he still does!

    I am so excited for you! One more month and your baby will be here...and mine will be ONE! Hang on tight Britt...it goes way too fast. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete