Monday, September 7, 2009

Our BabyMoon!

Well, we just got home from our babymoon ... and boy was it the break we needed!!!! Our last two weeks have been so hectic and an emotional rollercoaster, so a break from everything was just perfect!

We got into town on Friday and went straight to the outdoor mecca of sporting good stores for Blake. I walked around silently behind him trying to keep myself from stabbing my eyes out. Then we went to a speciality camera store where I spec-ed out my next big camera purchase---to which Blake walked silently behind me I'm sure ready to stab his eyes out! This store was my dream store (next to Sephora of course). It had every camera do-dad you could imagine. And my new camera is now less than a month away!!!!

That night we had sushi (well, i had vegetarian rolls, which were not as good as the real thing, but it's as close as I've been to it in 8 months!!!), then went to the movies and saw Inglorious Bastards. OMG - best movie I have seen in a long time! Defintiely had some parts I had to close my eyes through, but all-in-all I highly suggest you all see this movie!!! QT's best one yet!! Movie got done about 10-ish and we went and had a fashionably late dinner!

Saturday we woke up to rain ... and did you think we packed for it? NO! Blake didn't even bring a long sleeve, and I had only flip flops and heels. Good lord. Luckily for Blake the rain let up 10 mins before I was about to purchase a new pair of shoes to get me through the wet morning :) We shopped all around downtown then went back and took a nap, got up and went down to the water to eat some fresh seafood! After dinner we made our way back to the hotel and got ready for the play! Wicked was AMAZING. The stage, costumes, special effects ... everything . We both really enjoyed it! We're already scoping out the next one to see when we head back to NYC! After the play we went to the Cheesecake Factory for some delicious cheesecake (I got snickers, Blake got red velvet)...then off to bed!

It was a wonderful, romantic, relaxing, happy, and bittersweet weekend. We are so excited for the next stage in our lives, but weekends like this remind us how much we enjoy being together as just "the two of us." Although. we're sure "the three of us" will be equally exciting in new ways we could have never imagined. For the next 45+ days, I'll soak up all the together time I can get! Weekends like this make me fall in love with my baby balooga all over again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment