Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Baby Shower!!!

Yesterday I had a baby shower thrown by my amazing friends, Julianne, Meg, and Wendi! OMG, I can't even explain how much work and detail they put into everything! It was all a surprise to me --- everything from the colors, to theme, to games! The color theme was orange and blue (colors in his room) and they went to sooooooo much effort to make it wonderful! First there was AMAZING food! We had hommade maple glazed cinnamon rolls, a breakfast quiche, fruit, mimosas, punch and more!

There were also personalized gifts for attendees with blue bath salt in mini baby bottles and even the silverware were wrapped in handmade crafty goodness!!!! We played three awesome games: 1) was me and 3 frineds talking on a cell phone, holdling a baby (cabbage patch dolls), and trying to fold laundry ... whoever did it fastest won! ... it wasn't me!!! 2) was pass the present...a multi-layered tissue wrapped present passed around and questions were asked at each layer; whoever got the answer to the question got to take off the next layer and the last person to unwrap the last layer won the gift! 3) we played baby shower bingo! people wrote down what they thought I would get and prizes were handed out each time someone got a bingo as I was unwrapping gifts!

Speaking of gifts ---- I have some of the most wonderful and generous girlfriends every! I got so much fabulous stuff and I can't wait until he's here to put it to good use! I'm so thankful for all of you in my life and thank you for coming to shower. Our little man is going to have more Aunties that he knows what to do with!!!!!!!!!!

And a special thanks to Julianne, Meg, and Wendi for planning one of the best showers ever! I was so stunned with everything and it was so fun. I love you all so much and I just can't tell you how much I appreciate all the effort you went to! Thanks for everything!!!!! Love you!

A pic of the party:


The centerpieces for the tables!

This is from Auntie Michelle and Auntie Wendi --- it is a handpainted growth chart that matches his room PERFECTLY! It is amazing how well this turned out. I was so amazed and shocked! Blake is hanging it today!

I got some SWEET Paul Frank duds for him! I love PF and the outfits I got were classic!!! Definitely taking one to the hospital with me!

Auntie Barb MADE this bedding for a moses basket for him! They used one a lot with Odin so she made one just for me ... polka dots and everything!!!!!! It is so special! I also got a couple homemade blankets that I love! I have the most talented friends in the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tell the ladies I said they did a beautiful job! Wish I could have been there! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete